ASU Small Business Development Center
The ASU SBDC is part of a regional network of SBDCs throughout the South-West Texas Border Network. Our services include confidential, one-on-one, no-cost business advising services by Certified Business Advisors, along with a diverse array of business training events. Some of their areas of expertise include; Business Startup or Expansion, Business Financing, Business Planning, Doing Business with the Government, Loan Proposals, and Marketing. Contact us today to set up a no-cost and confidential appointment with an SBDC advisor.
- <a href="/content/news/14310-wicked-good-food" title="Wicked Good Food!" aria-label="Wicked Good Food!"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,679,454/31610_16Wicked_Good_Food-AB-Pic.rev.1512163428.jpg" alt="Wicked"/><br/><strong>Wicked Good Food!</strong></a><br/> “Adriana was amazing! She helped us through the whole process of starting our business licenses, permits, etc. I mean everything! Also, she worked with us multiple times to understand Quickbooks.”
- <a href="/content/news/14249-it-is-your-choice-where-you-repair-your-vehicle" title="It Is Your Choice Where You Repair Your Vehicle!" aria-label="It Is Your Choice Where You Repair Your Vehicle!"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,4096,2731/28930_16texas_lonestar_collision-ab.rev.1495662895.jpg" alt="Texas Lonestar Collision employees"/><br/><strong>It Is Your Choice Where You Repair Your Vehicle!</strong></a><br/> “The SBDC has been a tremendous help with the expansion of our newly constructed building that will serve as our new paint area. This will help with adding jobs & increase revenues.”
- <a href="/content/news/16170-3-nail-ironware" title="3 Nail Ironware" aria-label="3 Nail Ironware"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,561,768/34450_3_Nail_Ironware_Photo_1.rev.1529354229.jpg" alt="Randy & Margie Kiser"/><br/><strong>3 Nail Ironware</strong></a><br/> “We have been very satisfied with the SBDC. We started with them 28 years ago and they helped build our business as Kiser Iron Works. We decided to start a new business or change our business model form Custom to Retail, we have now changed over to 3 Nail Ironware and they have been very helpful in branding, marketing and addressing problems we locate as they arise.”
- <a href="/content/news/9421-relax-unwind-smile-inside-and-breathe" title="Relax, Unwind, Smile Inside and Breathe" aria-label="Relax, Unwind, Smile Inside and Breathe"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/21588_img_2229.rev.1436899796.jpg" alt="Massage & Body Essentials"/><br/><strong>Relax, Unwind, Smile Inside and Breathe</strong></a><br/>Nancy Craig was working as a licensed massage therapist in Arkansas when her husband’s job brought them to San Angelo. Nancy explored possibilities of being an employee of a spa or of owning her own business. After learning what she could, Nancy settled on owning her own business and renting a room from a spa. To make sure that she set her business up correctly, Nancy contacted the AngeloState University – Small Business Development Center for assistance. She was assigned to business advisor James Leavelle.
- <a href="/content/news/16168-the-auto-pros-body-shop-llc" title="The Auto Pro’s Body Shop, LLC" aria-label="The Auto Pro’s Body Shop, LLC"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,2859,2559/34448_The_Auto_Pros_2.rev.1529352275.jpg" alt="William & Ada Narro"/><br/><strong>The Auto Pro’s Body Shop, LLC</strong></a><br/> “James Leavelle and the SBDC were instrumental in getting our SBA loan approved and our LLC formed and things moving in the right direction. Highly recommend their services!”
- <a href="/content/news/14395-longhorn-coffee-co" title="Long*Horn Coffee Co." aria-label="Long*Horn Coffee Co."><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,4096,2731/31608_1Longhorn_Coffee-_JV-Pic.rev.1512162959.JPG" alt="Longhorn"/><br/><strong>Long*Horn Coffee Co.</strong></a><br/> “…we were so very happy with his support and guidance throughout the competition. James is very knowledgeable in business and startup procedures.”
- <a href="/content/news/16169-the-deadhorse-live-music-venue" title="The Deadhorse Live Music Venue" aria-label="The Deadhorse Live Music Venue"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,512,512/34449_Deadhorse_1.rev.1529352949.jpg" alt="John Karcher"/><br/><strong>The Deadhorse Live Music Venue</strong></a><br/> “ Mr. Leavelle helped do my LLC and was immaculate at teaching the classes I took for the certification program gave me a huge insight to taking over the business as well as helping me understand the business aspect of things I was aware of. Couldn’t have done it without!”
- <a href="/content/news/16164-big-hungry-cafe" title="Big Hungry Cafe" aria-label="Big Hungry Cafe"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3000,2000/34439_Big_Hungry.rev.1529350164.jpg" alt="Billy Dale"/><br/><strong>Big Hungry Cafe</strong></a><br/> “The SBDC employee has been a great asset to my business. Helping in all aspects without the help I might not have made it. I am still not over the hump but feel like with continued help, I will succeed.”
- <a href="/content/news/14219-community-client-rural-business-program" title="Community Client-Rural Business Program" aria-label="Community Client-Rural Business Program"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,4096,2731/28873_3revitalize_christoval_-_pr-_pic.rev.1495487943.jpg" alt=""/><br/><strong>Community Client-Rural Business Program</strong></a><br/> “The assistance to Christoval made with and through SBDC connections have been critical to achieving successes thus far, including improved, sustainable quality of life and to forward movement toward better days for the community.”
- <a href="/content/news/14239-discounted-prices-to-transport-your-goods" title="Discounted prices to transport your goods!" aria-label="Discounted prices to transport your goods!"><img src="/content/image/gid/105/width/224/height/126/crop/1/src_region/0,0,540,719/28913_7discount_transportationllc-ab-pic.rev.1495657470.jpg" alt=""/><br/><strong>Discounted prices to transport your goods!</strong></a><br/> “Adriana helped us guiding us though an extended process of filing the right paperwork with government agencies.”
The Texas Small Business Needs Assessment Poll
Small Business Owners: Make your voice heard.
We are partnering with the Federal Reserve on a Small Business Credit Survey for both pre-start and existing businesses, and we’d like you to participate. Your answers will help business service providers and lenders understand real-time business conditions. This short survey takes less than 9 minutes to complete. Individual responses are confidential and summary results will be shared with you.Your participation is greatly appreciated. Direct any questions regarding this survey to DALFedSmallBusiness@dal.frb.org
Small Business Management Certificate Program
Starting a new business is an overwhelming challenge. The ASU-SBDC developed the Small Business Management Certificate Program to help meet the needs of aspiring small business owners. The program will help participants build essential business skills and knowledge on how to run a successful business. Once you complete the requirements, you will receive your SBMCP certificate.
Funded in part through the State of Texas and a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact ASU-SBDC at ASU Station #10910, San Angelo, Texas, 76909-0910, 325-942-2098.