The Small Business Management Certificate Program was designed for the aspiring entrepreneur or for business owners with less than one year in business.
The program’s goal is to provide essential business tools for up and coming business owners. Completion of this program will enhance your management skills and provide a good foundation for success.
The Small Business Development Center’s (SBDC) Business Development Specialists will provide one-on-one professional advising to assist you with the start-up or expansion process of your potential or existing business.
Requirements for completing the program:
- Submit enrollment form with one time enrollment fee of $75
- Complete all requirements as a self-paced program within a time period of 12 months.
- Attend required seminars (Core & Electives to total 8 seminars)
- Schedule an appointment and meet with a SBDC Advisor
- Complete IRS Start-Up Virtual Module (send email confirmation to program coordinator)
- Complete 2 On-line training modules of your choice and turn in certificates of completion
- Write a draft business plan for review by your advisor
- When all requirements are met request a certificate and send it to the email: email@example.com
SBMCP self-paced members must register for all seminars they are planning to attend. 8-Week course participants need only to register for the 8-Week Course Orientation event.
The easiest way to register is by using your eCenter ID and password. You will not have to pay fees for seminars taken to fulfill your SBMCP requirements. (In other words, REQUIRED seminars may be attended for no fee if there is one charged. The program does not allow free attendance for any other seminar not fulfilling requirements.) Seminars for self-paced may be taken in any order but we recommend taking Essentials and The Business Plan first.
IRS Tax Module
The IRS Tax Module can be found online: http://www.tax.gov/virtualworkshop/ Please review the information provided and email the SBDC training program (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a written confirmation that you have reviewed the material in the module.
2 On-Line Seminars (your choice)
You can fulfill the on-line training requirements at any time. After taking an online training module take the quick evaluation and print out a certificate of completion. You may take any topic.
One advising session with and ASU-SBDC Business Development Specialist. To schedule an advising session (free and confidential) please contact our main office at 325-942-2098. When you meet with your advisor have them sign off your form.
Upon Registration & Payment Participants receive:
- Free attendance to seminars required to earn a certificate
- 3-ring binder with dividers full of complimentary small business management resources (brochures and materials)
- Certificate of completion
Participants are encouraged to bring their notebooks to each class. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a personalized certificate recognizing their accomplishment.
Once you have met all requirements, you must request a review of completion to receive your certificate (self-paced). If you have any questions at any point in the program please don’t hesitate to contact the SBDC.