Angelo State University is home to the Carr Academic Scholarship, our premium scholarship program available exclusively to ASU students. Funded by one of the largest endowments at a regional university, these scholarships are awarded based on your academic achievements.
Awards are based on your ACT or SAT test scores and your high school GPA.
- ACT tests we review the composite score.
- SAT tests we review the math & evidence-based reading/writing score.
- High school GPA’s are calculated on a 4.0 scale.
|Scholarship Level||Amount per year||Test Scores||GPA|
Students in the ASU Honors Program qualify for an additional $3,000 per year.
* The Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship application packet deadline for 2020-2021 has passed. Qualified students who did not meet the deadline will be offered the Carr Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Must be accepted for admission to ASU.
- You must submit your test scores to Angelo State. ASU will accept test scores before you begin classes at ASU. All test scores must be received by ASU prior to you attending ASU.
- You must not have 12 or more transfer hours (excluding dual credit). If you do have 12 or more transfer hours, you will be automatically considered for a Carr Academic Transfer Scholarship.
Application and Notification
Upon being accepted for admission to ASU, your high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores will be evaluated automatically to determine your Carr Academic Scholarship eligibility. No additional application is necessary.
If you are selected for a Carr Academic Scholarship, you will be notified via email within two weeks after you have been accepted for admission to ASU.
You must be enrolled full-time (12 semester credit hours) to receive your Carr Academic Scholarship.
Repeated, developmental, and dual-credit coursework will not be counted toward your enrollment requirements for disbursement.
Students awarded a Carr Academic scholarship based on their ACT/SAT test scores should they meet the renewal requirements will receive their Carr Academic scholarship for 4 years or until they receive their bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
Out of State Tuition
Students that qualify for a Carr Academic Scholarship will be granted in-state tuition for the duration of their scholarship.
Carr Academic Scholarships received as freshmen from high school have specific renewal requirements. Please review the Renewal Requirements page for more information about disbursements, dropping classes, renewal requirements, and reinstatement.
Dropping Classes & Withdrawing
If you withdraw or drop below 12 credit hours on or before the university’s census date (12th class day of a regular semester), your scholarship disbursement will be canceled. This may create a balance due to the university.
If you withdraw, you may be required to reapply to the university. If you have to reapply, you are no longer eligible for a Carr Academic Scholarship. Also, if you decide to ‘sit out’ for a long semester (fall or spring), you will have to reapply for the university, also making you ineligible for your Carr Academic Scholarship.
The Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship application packet deadline for 2020-2021 has passed. Qualified students who did not meet the deadline will be offered the Carr Academic Excellence Scholarship.