Angelo State University is home to the Carr Academic Scholarship, our premium scholarship program available exclusively to ASU students. Funded by one of the largest endowments at a regional university, these scholarships are awarded based on your academic achievements.
Awards are based on your ACT or SAT test scores and your high school GPA.
- ACT tests we review the composite score.
- SAT tests we review the math & evidence-based reading/writing score.
|Scholarship Level||Amount per year||Test Scores||GPA|
Students in the ASU Honors Program qualify for an additional $3,000 per year.
* If you are a student who meets the criteria for the Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship, you will be sent a personal invitation to fill out an online application. If Angelo State does not have your test scores or contact information, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or call us at 800-946-8627. See more information under Application and Notification below.
- Must be accepted for admission to ASU.
- You must submit your test scores to Angelo State. ASU will accept test scores before you begin classes at ASU. All test scores must be received by ASU prior to you attending ASU.
- You must not have 12 or more transfer hours (excluding dual credit). If you do have 12 or more transfer hours, you will be automatically considered for a Carr Academic Transfer Scholarship.
Application and Notification
Upon being accepted for admission to ASU, your high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores will be evaluated automatically to determine your Carr Academic Scholarship eligibility. No additional application is necessary.
If you are selected for a Carr Academic Scholarship, you will be notified via mail within two weeks after you have been accepted for admission to ASU.
If you are a student who meets the criteria for the Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship, you will be sent a personal invitation to fill out an online application. In addition to the application, you will be asked to provide a résumé, cover letter, and two academic letters of recommendation. Interviews for the Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship will be scheduled during ASU’s Carr Academic Distinguished Scholars Event.
Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship Deadline
- The 2020-21 Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship application packet deadline is on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Students selected for the Carr Academic Distinguished Scholarship will be notified via phone.
You must be enrolled full-time (12 semester credit hours) to receive your Carr Academic Scholarship.
Repeated, developmental, and dual-credit coursework will not be counted toward your enrollment requirements for disbursement.
Dropping Classes & Withdrawing
If you withdraw or drop below 12 credit hours on or before the university’s census date (12th class day of a regular semester), your scholarship disbursement will be canceled. This may create a balance due to the university.
If you withdraw, you may be required to reapply to the university. If you have to reapply, you are no longer eligible for a Carr Academic Scholarship. Also, if you decide to ‘sit out’ for a long semester (fall or spring), you will have to reapply for the university, also making you ineligible for your Carr Academic Scholarship.
Carr Academic Scholarships received as freshmen from high school have specific renewal requirements. Please review the Renewal Requirements page for more information about disbursements, dropping classes, renewal requirements, and reinstatement.