Special Event Reservations Checklist
Are you planning an event that you want to host at Angelo State University? Follow these easy steps to make your reservation and any necessary accommodations.
- Submit the Facilities Request Form two weeks prior to your requested reservation date. (See the user guide or quick reference if you need help.) We will reply to your request within three days.
- Make liability insurance arrangements through Tenants’ and Users’ Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) to purchase a certificate.
- If you plan to serve food, make arrangements with our contracted provider, Chartwells Catering Service. Contact catering at 325-942-2124 for any inquiries or questions.
- Once you have received written confirmation from Special Events, develop a marketing plan for your event. Consider submitting a Ram Vision request to supplement your marketing efforts.
- Submit a request to Information Technology for any additional equipment beyond what Special Events offers. Contact Information Technology at 325-942-2911.
- Think about special accommodations that you may need for those in attendance (i.e. accessibility accommodations or language translation).
- Plan a meeting with an ASU Special Events Events Manager two weeks prior to your event to ensure that you have addressed all aspects of your event.
After your event, you will receive a Special Events survey. Please complete it so that we can improve our services in the future.
Events involving alcohol are extraordinary. However, specific permission for alcohol service may be obtained by completing the Alcohol Request Form. You must also submit your guest list no later than 30 days prior to the event.
Security officers will be scheduled from the time you start serving alcohol until the end of the event, and settlement is made with the officers directly the night of the event.
Chartwells must provide and sell any alcohol.
The Special Events Office reserves the right to re-assign or cancel any requests for facilities due to any unforeseen needs of Angelo State University.
Checkout this video of an event setup.