About The Program
The ASU Mascot team consists of up to 5 mascots. These numbers can fluctuate from year to year given the needs of the program.
Mascot scholarships are available for up to no more than $1,000 per year.
The ASU Mascots participate in, but are not limited to the below events:
- New Student & Transfer Student Orientations
- Ram Round-Up
- Blue & Gold Dinner
- Mascot Camp
- Student Move-In
- Rambunctious Week Events
During the fall semester:
- All home football games & Ram Jams
- Assigned football away games
- Assigned home volleyball games & post-season tournaments
- Assigned various elementary pep-rallies
- Homecoming Week events
- Post-season football games
- ASU Christmas Tree Lighting program
- Assigned home basketball games including Holiday Breaks
- Assigned soccer games
During the spring semester:
- Assigned home basketball games
- College Nationals
- Assigned post-season basketball tournaments
- Assigned various home softball & baseball games
- Various community & campus events
Incoming, Transfer, & Current ASU Students
Incoming freshmen must have been admitted to ASU at the time of tryouts. Students transferring from another college or university must have been admitted to ASU at the time of tryouts and have a GPA of at least 2.0. To qualify, current ASU students must have a of 2.0 or higher at the time of tryouts, be enrolled for at least 12 semester credit hours and be in good standing with the university.
Mascots must maintain a full course load (academic full time status). Full time status is 12 hours for an undergraduate student and 6 hours for a graduate student. Mascots must be enrolled to remain part of the program. If a mascot needs to drop below full-time status, this should be discussed with the Head Cheer Coach.