Funding for Student Organizations
Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF)
The Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF) provides Angelo State University registered student organizations (RSO) access to financial resources so that they can provide programs and activities for the campus community. SOLF provides funding for activities that are over and above the routine needs of student organizations as it is reasonable to expect organizations to pay for their basic expenses through dues, donations, fund-raisers, and other methods of self-support. SOLF is primarily intended for those organizations that do not have access to funding from other campus departments or programs.
The SOLF program is designed to assist student organizations in the following areas:
- Sponsoring programs or events that enhance the social, recreational, and/or academic aspects of campus life, and
- Assistance traveling to participate in endeavors that contribute to the leadership or professional development of RSO members.
SOLF Events Application
SOLF Application for Events
Pre Event Packet
After SOAC approves a SOLF Application for Events a pre event packet is due 30 days prior to the event date in order to secure a check advance!
- Facility Rental
- Special Equipment
- Student Activity Release Form (participating in University sponsored events or activities.)
More information about planning an event is found on the RSO Resources page.
Post Event Wrap Up
Upon completion of the event student organizations have 2 weeks to wrap up!
- Mayer Administration Building - Return any unused funds to Student Accounts (Collect receipt)
- Student Organizations Check Report attach ALL original receipts (Including unused funds receipts) submit to Multicultural and Student Activities.
- Provide Student Organizations Coordinator with Photo and short description of event. (no more than 150 words)
SOLF Travel Application
After SOAC approves a Travel Application. A pre-travel packet is due 30 days prior to the intended departure date.
Travel Packet (All Travel Paperwork must be typed):
- Trip Profile Form(Note: Advisers must fill out the top portion of this document with their information (including CID), sign the bottom of the document that states “Traveler/Adviser,” and have your adviser’s Department Head/Supervisor and Dean sign appropriate lines as well.
- Steps for Requesting a Travel Advance
- Student Traveler Profile: This is for air travel. Each traveler needs to complete and submit this form.
- Student Activity Release Form (This form should be used when students are participating in or traveling to University sponsored events or activities. Every student participating/traveling needs to fill this form out.)
- Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle (This form should be used when students are riding or driving in a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Affirmation Waiver/Liability Release Form (Out of the Country Travel)
- Student/Group Travel Form (NOTE: section that begins with “Provide the Name of the Adviser accompanying this trip.”) You and your adviser must sign this form.
- Student/Group Travel List (Every student traveling needs to be on this list)
- Driver Acknowledgement Form
- Keeping Track of Expenses: Use this form to help you document your expenses while traveling.
For more information visit the student travel page.
Notes for Advisors
Please remember that the advisor is responsible for the money advanced for student travel and for making sure that all paperwork is completed in a timely manner. Please be aware of Student Travel Policies prior to accepting an advance from ASU.
Post Travel Wrap Up
Upon returning from a student trip student organizations have 15 days to wrap up.
- Return unused funds to Accounts Payable (collect a receipt!)
- Submit ALL appropriate receipts (Including Unused funds receipt)
- Submit Student Travel Expense Report, (Note: Advisors must sign this form.)
- Travel Allowance Form (Note: This form needs to be submitted if students received funding for meals)
- Provide Student Organization Coordinator with group photo from event with a short description of what was accomplished (no more than 150 words)
All information pertaining to the Student Organization Leadership Fund is available in the SOLF Guidelines.