Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
Maxient’s Conduct Manager software allows faculty, staff, and students to report students who may be experiencing distress or to address students who are being disruptive.
Follow these best practices when submitting a report:
- Only present facts.
- Present accurate information that will help the Behavioral Intervention Team determine the best way to help the student.
- Limit the use of jargon/acronyms
- Is the message objective?
- Does the information in the report provide an accurate picture of the event?
- Is the information in the report appropriate for the student, dean, president, or legal representative to read?
Remember: The report becomes part of a student’s education file and may be viewed by the student.