AT&T Transfer of Service Process
Each user will be required to verify the following information prior to completing the transfer. It is recommended to have a copy of your old bill before starting this process. The old bill will have the necessary information listed below.
To verify the Corporate Account you will need to provide
- Account name (Angelo State University)
- Mobile number
- Billing account number
- Password on service provider account if present. This will not be on your old bill. If you don’t know your password, you will need to contact your service provider
Once the corporate account has been verified, credit must be run to establish an account in the individual users name. The following information must be provided in order to establish each of the IRU accounts.
Required information you will need to provide
- Driver’s license number, Expiration Date, and State Issued
- Date of Birth
- New billing address
- (If your billing address is a PO Box, you will also be required to provide a street address.)
- If you are adding to an existing account that is someone other the callers name this person must be available to give authorization for an additional line to be added to their existing account.
Once all of the information above is available, complete the steps below to complete the transfer process.
Complete the transfer process
- Contact the AT&T Transfer of Service Team directly at 1‐888‐444‐4410 (Open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Select option 2, then option 5
- A Representative specially trained to process Corporate to Individual account transfers will assist you with completing this transfer.
- The representative may inform you that they are required to transfer your corporate account to a business market account. A business market account offers the same prices/discounts as a consumer market account.
- This person will be available to discuss rate plans, additional features that are available, upgrades and to answer any questions that you may have in regards to your new AT&T account.
- Inform the representative that you would like to apply a Foundation Account Number (FAN) 2417741 to your new service agreement to receive a 20% discount and to waive an $18 transfer fee.
- Your credit will be run based on the information that you provide to this team and your new account will be established on a required 12 month contract. Service will remain in a suspended status until you accept the terms and conditions of this contract.
- If equipment is not upgraded at the time of transfer, you will have 14 days from the transfer day to take advantage of equipment discounts. New discounted upgrades can extend your contract up to 24 months.
Prior to ending this call it is recommended that each user place inbound and outbound test calls from there handsets to ensure that they are working properly, also it is recommended that they test any data features or any other additional features that they have decided to add to the account. Failure to do this may result in additional calls to customer service.
Everything you need to do to transfer your account can be done over the phone. If the representative tells you that you need to go to the store, insist that they can complete the process. The store will not have access to make any changes to your account until the transfer is complete.
Attach to the FAN
To receive the 20% discount for being associated with Angelo State University, you will need to attach to the ASU foundation account number (FAN). This may be done at the store, online, or during the Transfer of Service process.
To do this at the store, you may need to present the FAN (2417741) and either your OneCard or an old pay stub to verify employment.
To do this online, go to the AT&T Wireless website and register with your ASU email address. The $36 sponsorship fee mentioned by the site will not be applied to numbers joining the ASU FAN.