- Faculty and Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty only: email@example.com
- Staff only: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com
If you intend to send to your message to all users on campus, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as email@example.com.
Sending the same emails to faculty, staff, and everyone will cause duplicate messages to be sent, and they will be rejected.
Mailing List Requirements
Emails sent to ASU mailing lists and are reviewed by a team of moderators. Emails are typically reviewed 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. These requirements must be met for an email to be approved to a mailing list.
- Only ASU Related Topics - These mailing lists are a resource for the campus community and are not to be used for non-University business. Individuals are solely responsible for the content of their emails.
- Sent from an ASU Email Address - Anything sent from an account outside of angelo.edu will be rejected.
- Accessibility - Postings to the mailing lists must comply with Section 508 accessibility requirements. Plain text emails are encouraged, however, if images are included, any text communicated within the image must also be typed in the body of the email.
- ASU Signature - Messages must include the approved signature at the bottom of the email, under all embedded images and text. Please follow the instructions found at http://angelo.edu/signatures to set up your signature.
- Limit Attachments - The total size of all attachments must be less than 1 Mb. Do not attach .zip, .exe, or .dmg files, as these files could potentially contain security risks.
- No Calendar Invitations - Emails with calendar invitations will be rejected.
- No Personal or Private Information - This includes information about specific employees, applicants or past employee. All messages falling into this category will need to be approved by the Office of Human Resources.
- No Solicitation Without Approval - Messages selling a product or service will need approval from Special Events. Solicitation Requests can be submitted online. Contact Special Events if you have questions regarding this process.
- Images should be appropriately sized if they are in the body of the email.
- Make sure your attachments have logical file names.
- Do not use patterned backgrounds, as they may cause readability issues.
- Use proper capitalization in emails. Typing in all caps is typically perceived as shouting over email.
- If you forward an email to a mailing list, remove the forwarding information from the body of the email before sending.
- Make sure your subject is line brief and descriptive.
- Remove any tags such as RE: or FWD: from the beginning of the subject line before sending.
- Avoid all caps and URLs in your subject line.