Wireless Network FAQ
- Where can I get wireless network access at ASU?
- How can I get wireless access at ASU?
- There are several wireless networks to choose from. Which one should I connect to?
- My cell phone and/or tablet has wireless capability built-in, will I be able to access the internet with it at ASU?
- I do not have a Windows laptop, is wireless available to me?
- Can I install a wireless access point or bridge in my dorm or office?
Wireless is available in the lobbies and halls of most residence halls, academic buildings, auxiliary buildings and many outside areas. See detailed list for further information.
Wireless internet access for students on campus is provided using XpressConnect. If you need assistance, bring your laptop to the MCS 111 Computer Lab and ask for help.
wifisetup.angelo.edu is the wireless network for first-time device setup. This direct your devices’ browser to a web page prompting you to install XpressConnect. Follow the instructions provided on the website.
secure.angelo.edu is the wireless network for cell phone and laptop devices that have been authenticated by XpressConnect.
console.angelo.edu is the wireless network for game system consoles. You must register your device before connecting.
guest.angelo.edu is the wireless network provided to visitors who are not affiliated with the University.
My cell phone and/or tablet has wireless capability built-in, will I be able to access the internet with it at ASU?
Most cell phones with wireless capability should be able to access the wireless network at ASU. For more information, please contact the Technology Service Center.
No. ASU policy prohibits extending or retransmitting network services or configuring wireless personal area networks. Any wireless access points or bridges that are found on campus will be disconnected from the network and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the installer. ASU is doing its best to provide wireless networking in all areas on campus. If you feel that we have left out an important area, please contact the Technology Service Center.