Office 365 Email Migration
ASU is migrating all employee email accounts (including Calendar and Contacts) from Microsoft Exchange to Office 365. In addition to the performance and stability improvements that come with upgrading to the latest hardware and software, Office 365 will offer several new features:
- Off Campus Access - Use Outlook at home or off-campus without having to VPN.
- New Webmail - An all new web version of Outlook replaces OWA which had limited functionality in most browsers. Following the migration, you can access the new Outlook online at webmail.angelo.edu.
- Benefits for Mac Users - In addition to the improved webmail, Mac users can upgrade to the latest Outlook which was not compatible with the old Exchange server.
How does this affect me?
For many users the transition to Office 365 email will be fairly seamless. Once your account has been migrated by IT you will have a few simple steps to perform. Depending on what types of devices you use to check your ASU email, your steps may vary, but all of the information you will need will be provided via email leading up to your migration, and on this website.
ASU Information Technology will work with individual areas of campus to migrate their email accounts one department/office at a time. During your area’s migration period the following steps will take place.
- Users will receive email communication in the weeks leading up to their migration with important information, including the exact date of their migration.
- One week prior to your migration, we will perform an initial sync of data from your existing Exchange account to the new Office 365 account. This will limit the amount of data that has to be synced on the night of the final migration.
- During the evening of your migration, a final sync of data to Office 365 will be performed and your account will be moved.
- The morning following your transition, you will need to update all of the devices you use to check ASU email. Please refer to the update guides below for the steps involved for each type.
iPhones and iPads