ASU Testing Center Rules and Regulations
- Videotaping for security is fully in place. Any student caught cheating will be disciplined under the university’s rules and regulations as stated in the University Catalog.
- Valid picture IDs will be used to verify that the student testing is enrolled in each course.
- All belongings will be left in storage units in the foyer entrance of the center.
- No personal equipment may be used. All materials and scrap paper provided by the Testing Center must be returned to the monitoring staff before the student leaves the area.
- No electronic equipment, phones, hand-held devices, books, hats, calculators, etc., will be allowed in the testing booth. Books or notes are only allowed when the instructor has authorized an open book/notes test.
- No food, gum or drinks are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Once students are seated, no discussion is allowed. Quiet is expected.
- Testing begins when a student logs on and ends when the student logs off or time has expired.
- Students can only enter an assigned test. No other programs can be accessed.
- A printer connection is not available for every test. Only certain tests have a printer connection to print the end-of-test score report. Your test administrator will notify you if it is possible to print your test report.
- If students encounter problems with a computer program, they should notify the monitoring staff, who will contact Information Technology. If additional testing time is required, the course instructor will authorize the adjustment.
- Monitoring staff do not have answers to any exam and cannot give assistance on testing items.
- Students are to log out of the exam when they are done, but are asked not to close the security section.
- Fees paid directly to the Testing Center are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The above policies should be viewed as a guide only. They may be modified during the semester.