Exit Exams (Major Field Testing, ACAT, Psychology and IVY MBA)
What are Exit Exams?
Exit exams are comprehensive undergraduate and M.B.A. outcomes assessments designed to measure the critical knowledge and understanding obtained by students in a major field of study. Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Physics and Political Science majors are administered the Major Field Test (MFT), respectively. History majors are administered the ACAT. MBA graduate candidates are administered the IVY and Psychology majors are administered the Psychology Exit Exam.
The Exit Exam schedule is set by the ASU Testing Center. Exit Exams are generally given five to seven times near the end of each semester, just prior to each graduation. Testing dates are provided in advance to each dean and department head, so interested students should check with those offices in their major area of study.
Upcoming Exam Dates
Select your test on the right to see that available dates for that test. Each session limited to 25 maximum. Dates and times will no longer appear on the schedule once filled.
- MFT (Major Field Test) - 12:00pm, Tuesday, Nov. 1
- Psychology Undergraduate Exit Exam - 3:00pm, Tuesday, Nov. 1
- ACAT (History) Exit Exam - 4:00pm, Wednesday, Nov. 2
- MFT (Major Field Test) - 10:00am, Thursday, Nov. 3
- IVY-MBA Exit Exam - 4:00pm, Thursday, Nov. 3
- MFT (Major Field Test) - 10:00am, Monday, Nov. 7
- Psychology Undergraduate Exit Exam - 1:00pm, Monday, Nov. 7
- MFT (Major Field Test) - 4:00pm, Monday, Nov. 7
- MFT (Major Field Test) - 10:00am, Thursday, Nov. 17
- IVY-MBA Exit Exam - 5:00pm, Thursday, Nov. 17
Complete and submit the registration form on the web page of the corresponding date listed above. The Testing Center is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Complete and submit the registration form at least 48 hours prior to the exam date and time. Registration forms submitted after 5:00 pm will not be processed until the next business day. You are not officially registered for an exam until you receive a confirmation e-mail.
There is no student cost for an MFT, ACAT, IVY or Psychology exit exam.
For More Information
Contact the Testing Center at 325-942-2624 or email@example.com. The Testing Center is located in Room 291 of the Vincent Nursing-Physical Science Building, 2333 Vanderventer Ave. Testing Center hours are 8 a.m. to noon and 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday.