Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Travel Office

Search Site

Information for:

International Travel

The following are helpful tips for international travel. Please refer to OP 70.07 for the official policy regarding ASU international travel.


  • A Pre-Approval must be submitted at least six weeks prior to departure.
  • The Affirmation, Waiver and Liability Release Form is also required.
  • A valid passport is required for foreign travel. It is a good idea to make several copies of your passport; leave one at home and take a few with you to keep in different places in case yours is lost or stolen.
  • Keep all required receipts (lodging, transportation, museum/tour fees, registrations, etc.). All receipts must be original and itemized showing proof of payment (credit card slips are not considered itemized receipts). If receipts are not itemized, please include a memo or note stating the list of charges.
  • Use the currency conversion site, OANDA, to get up-to-date exchange rates. Credit card/bank statements will also show U.S. dollar amounts and conversion charges, if applicable.
  • Please use the meal & lodging rates set by the US Department of State as guidelines for maximum allowed expenditures. Meals and lodging are based on actual expenses, within reason.

Please document any other expenses or unusual circumstances as accurately as possible.

International Travel Insurance

ASU has partnered with On Call International to offer international travel insurance.

For more information and to register for this insurance, please visit Risk Management’s website at

ASU Logo