Rental Car Arrangements
Note: Enterprise location on Southwest Blvd. has a drop-box for leaving keys after hours. Do not leave vehicles at University Police (extra charges may be applied at the expense of the traveler).
- ASU prefers that rental cars are not booked using online booking agents, such as Expedia, Travelocity, etc., because the receipts do not provide sufficient itemization for reimbursement.
- Submit a Travel Authorization Request (TAR) Form (Mark the appropriate BTA indication, exceptions only; See BTA Process for more information.)
- Upon picking up your rental car, please verify the method of payment with the rental agent, and make the agent aware that you are a state employee so that the correct contracted rate is given (State Exempt ID numbers: Enterprise TX737; Avis F999737).
- When using Enterprise or Avis (state contracted vendors), LDW (Loss/Damage Waiver or comprehensive) and liability insurance are included in the state contracted rate. Any supplemental coverage is not reimbursable – except when transporting students. Personal Accident and Injury (PAI) insurance should be purchased when taking students as part of a trip.
- Upon returning the rental car, request a receipt showing proof of payment ($0.00 balance due), the name and location of the establishment, itemized charges and the traveler’s name. Again, make sure that state tax has not been charged (if in Texas).
Please note: For rental cars, the BTA will not authorize payment of additional insurance or non-state-approved charges/fees.
Please keep in mind that in order to be reimbursed for a rental car, you must:
- Use the most cost-effective means of transportation.
- Submit a rental receipt that meets certain state guidelines.