Getting Started with Social Media
Before you start a new social media account, you need to develop a strategy.
Answer the following questions to determine if making a social media account is the best option for you, or if you should collaborate with an existing account.
Purpose and Goals
- Why do you want to start a social media presence?
- What are you trying to achieve with your social media presence?
- Do you have measurable goals?
How will you know when you’ve achieved your goals?
- Who do you want to reach?
- How do you want to connect and interact with your audience?
How does your audience want to be interacted with?
- What makes your content unique, interesting and shareable?
Would it be more appropriate to get another existing ASU social media account to share your information?
- Which social media platforms best fit your goals and purpose?
How do your chosen social media platforms fit into your overall plans?
- Is there another group or organization that shares common interests and goals?
Are there other groups you can collaborate with?
Resources and Approval
- Does your supervisor, director or advisor know about this initiative?
- Do you have the resources and support to maintain your social media presence?
Does your department, program or organization have the required skills and knowledge?
Is making a social media account the right option for you? If so, please register your social media account.
Questions? Contact Us.
Communications and Marketing 325-942-2248
Fax: 325-942-2238ASU Station #11021, San Angelo, TX 76909